The William McLean Innovation Grant
APPLY NOW for the William (Bill) McLean Innovation Grant (NEW)
The Bill McLean Innovation Grant will support the development, implementation or testing of an innovative pharmacy practice program/model, service or technology that is aimed at improving patient care and outcomes. Knowledge translation activities for a previously developed innovation in patient care program/model, service or technology will also be considered. An example of this would be to expand pharmacist dosing of vancomycin to site within a health care region.
This grant has been made possible by a bequest from the Estate of William McLean.
- Applicant must be a CSHP Member, Member-in-Training, or Student Supporter for at least 12 months at the time of the grant application.
- Grant applicants or a specific project can only receive this grant once.
- Application does not duplicate funding already held for a grant from the CSHP Foundation and has not received a grant in the past two years.
- The following activities are not eligible for the William McLean Innovation Grant: research studies; infrastructure; technology; and travel.
- Direct costs associated with the development and implementation of the project will be considered eligible, which may include the salary of pharmacist, pharmacy technician, pharmacy student or technical support.
- The timeline for the completion of the project shall not exceed 18 months (grant funds provided to successful submission(s) early May 2024 and project start date should be shortly thereafter).
Submissions require the following documents:
1. Project summary (maximum 2,000 words) including problem statement, significance, potential impact of pharmacy practice, anticipated results, evaluation plan, knowledge translation activities, team composition and timeline/project end date.
2. Project budget - list project expenses correlated with your proposal. Ensure all items are listed and costed (use budget template provided)
3. CV of Principal Applicant.
Maximum grant allotment: $5,000/year
Grants will be ranked and funded until the $5,000 allotment is reached. Applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Education Grant Committee.
Projects will be evaluated on:
Potential to impact pharmacy practice / Relevance: potential to lead to desired outcome / Innovation: More than an incremental improvement over current approach / Sustainability: Is the project sustainable / Evaluation: Evaluation plan is reasonable given scope of project / Transferable: Would other pharmacists/practice settings be able to utilize this innovation / Project Execution plan: Is plan reasonable/feasible / Budget (use budget template provided)
To apply for the 2024 William McLean Innovation Grant, please submit all submission documents (in PDF format) to Rosemary Pantalone electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date.
Please direct inquiries to Rosemary at the above-noted e-mail address.
Submissions must be received by midnight on November 30, 2023.
Grant decisions will be announced in March 2024.