Websites and Apps
- Thrombosis Canada website and the Thrombosis Canada app. Includes information ranging from Guidelines to Clinical Assessments. e.g., Direct Oral Anticoagulant (DOAC) Monitoring Checklist and Quick Reference Tables.
- Anticoagulation Forum [U.S. resource]
- International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis
- CLOT+. Includes a collection of updated relevant clinical research papers related to thromboembolism and anti-platelet therapy.
Shared Decision Support Tools
- Health Decision shared decision making tool for atrial fibrillation. "This tool is best used by you and your patient to show the personalized risk of stroke and bleeding and illustrate possible benefits and harms of anticoagulant medications."
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute decision making aids for medication choice in atrial fibrillation. e.g., Atrial Fibrillation: Which Anticoagulant Should I Take to Prevent Stroke?
- Thrombosis Canada Shared Decision Tool. This tool helps explain stroke risk using the CHADDS-VASC Score as well as bleeding risk using the HASBLED Score.
Hospital Pharmacy Success Stories from Across Canada
- Pharmacy Develops Warfarin Teaching Toolkit, Carole Goodine, Doctor Everett Chalmers Hospital, Fredericton, NB Branch Content Winner 2014 National Winner
- Improving Rates of Appropriate Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in a Community Hospital, Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, ON - Ontario Branch Success Story Competition 2013 - WINNER
- RQHR Pharmacist Clinical Practice Standards: Anticoagulation, Lori Zulyniak and the RQHR Clinical Leadership, SK Branch Contest 2014 Winner
- Warfarin Sliding Scale for Patients on Dialysis, York Region Chronic Kidney Disease Program, Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, Richmond Hill, ON - Ontario Branch Success Story Competition 2013
Please note you must be logged in as a member to view the webinar.
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre offers a Year 2 Pharmacy Residency program in Thromboembolism.
Consider joining our Anticoagulation PSN! At our PSNs you can communicate with CSHP members from across the country. It's a great place to ask questions and receive advice from professionals working in the field.