Greetings from the Oncology PSN Chair – Amy Smith-Morris
CSHP has an Oncology Pharmacy Specialty Network! It does not matter to what level or degree you work with people with cancer, you are welcome to join this PSN.
As cancer care continues to evolve there are new clinical questions popping up all the time. Feel free to post and connect with your colleagues across the country.
BSP, ACPR, PharmD
CSHP Oncology PSN Chair
Unless otherwise noted, the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP) does not endorse or imply endorsement of the resources provided here.
These resources are provided without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the user of the resource to judge its suitability for his or her particular purpose within the context of his or her practice and the applicable legislative framework. In no event shall CSHP or any persons involved in providing the resource be liable for damages arising from its use.
Resources are free unless otherwise indicated.
Websites and Apps
- About Herbs app. Produced by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, this app offers information on botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and others. Information provided includes drug interaction information, adverse effects, and information for healthcare providers and consumers.
- BC Cancer Agency. Under their Health Professionals tab they offer information ranging from drug information to a Safe Handling Standards Manual.
- Canadian Cancer Society. Great resource for patients.
- Canadian Association of Pharmacy in Oncology . CAPHO offers educational events, webinars, an annual conference, and more to those interested in the practice of pharmacy in oncology.
- Cancer Care Ontario. Healthcare professionals can access CCO's Drug Formulary, Guidelines & Advice, Data & Research, and more.
- Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer. A multidisciplinary organization involved in education and research pertaining to supportive care for individuals living with cancer.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network Guidelines. Provides clinical practice guidelines relevant to the area of oncology. E.g., Guidelines for the treatment of cancer by site.