CSHP's Canadian Medication Optimization Briefing on Safe Transitions of Care for Patients Taking Opioids
- A peer-reviewed 2-page brief on safe transitions of care for patients taking opioids to be used as a quick reference.
CSHP's Guidelines on Secure Management and Diversion Prevention of Controlled Drugs and Substances in Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
Unless otherwise noted, the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP) does not endorse or imply endorsement of the resources provided here.
These resources are provided without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the user of the resource to judge its suitability for his or her particular purpose within the context of his or her practice and the applicable legislative framework. In no event shall CSHP or any persons involved in providing the resource be liable for damages arising from its use.
Resources are free unless otherwise indicated.
Websites and Apps
- Canadian Pain Task Force Report: June 2019. Chronic Pain in Canada: Laying a Foundation for Action. Describes the nature and consequences of pain, approaches to managing chronic pain in Canada, research and education in Canada regarding pain, and future directions.
- McMaster National Pain Centre. Offers resources such as clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of pain and an opioid manager. Their Opioid Manager app is $7.99.
- Consumers Can Help Prevent Harm from Opioid Use:
- Opioids Clinical Primer. This program is part of Ontario Pain Management Resources: A Partnership to Help Clinicians Support their Patients coordinated by Health Quality Ontario. For more information see hqontario.ca/painsupports. It addresses the following topics:
- Opioid use disorder
- Chronic pain
- RxFiles. PainLinks: Resources for Those Living with Pain
- Opioid Stewardship. Produced by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada, this resource offers information on the appropriate stewarding of opioid medications.
Hospital Pharmacy Success Stories from Across Canada
- A Narcotics Program for Dialysis Patients with Chronic Pain
York Region Chronic Kidney Disease Program
Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, Richmond Hill, ON - Ontario Branch Success Story Competition 2013
- A World without Codeine, the Alberta Pediatric Experience
L Boulter – 3rd place, AB Branch Contest 2014