PRAMS will be open for registrations on August 9.
Refer to the section, Overall Application Process and Key Dates, for an overview of the process.
The deadline to apply to a residency program is October 14, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Create an account with PRAMS (Please Note: The PRAMS application performs best in a current Chrome browser.)
- Complete the online application, which includes uploading transcripts in PDF format and requesting references online.
- Select the programs you want to have access to your application. When you select your first program, you will be prompted to pay the initial registration fee.
- The identity of all programs to which you have applied will be disclosed to those programs.
- Only programs to which you have applied will have access to that information and your application.
- Pay the registration fee(s).
- Ensure that your application is complete by the October 14, 2021 deadline, including completion of three references and checking if programs require additional information other than what is in the application.
- You may cancel a reference request and select a new referee.
- Applicants will not be able to read the comments provided by the referees.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted – no exceptions.
- Check that all information required by the program is uploaded to the program within the PRAMS system.
- Once your application is compliant your Dashboard notice will turn green. No submission is needed; your selected programs will receive your application after the application deadline.
- Programs will be able to communicate directly with you, via the email address you provided in PRAMS.
- Finish ranking your programs no later than January 6, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Interested in applying to pharmacy residency? A complete directory of the accredited programs, directors, residency coordinators, and current residents is available. There are over 30 accredited general hospital pharmacy residency programs representing more than 100 graduates per year. Several specialty residency programs are offered or under development.
Applications to accredited Canadian programs outside of Quebec are processed using Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service (PRAMS), a centralised (single-point of entry), online program.
*Programs in Quebec do not select candidates using PRAMS.
Overall application process and key dates